Investing is one of the best ways an individual can grow his or her funds and save up for the future. And at a time when it’s more important than ever to build a stable retirement savings fund, there’s no reason not to try your hand at building an investment portfolio.
The best part about investing? Anyone can do it! Currently, about 52% of Americans have invested in the stock market.
But if you are new to the world of investing, it’s essential to make sure you have the best advice possible before you begin your investing endeavors — and hiring a licensed investment advisor is the best way to do this.
Here are the top five ways in which a certified investment advisor can help you optimize your finances:
1. Personalized investment recommendations: There’s never a one-size-fits-all solution for investing, which is why working with an investment advisor is such a great idea. Your advisor will look at your income, lifestyle, goals and more to determine which investments are best for you.
2. Ability to predict turbulent economic periods: Investment advisors are always looking at economic trends — and as a result, are able to predict periods of economic decline and pass this knowledge on to you. Your money will be safe from economic crashes when you work with an investment advisor who knows when it’s time to pull out from your investments.
3. Access to the best investment opportunities: The best investment advisors advise you on investing according to their own investment habits. This means you’ll be able to invest in the same companies and causes your investment advisor does, taking away any uncertainty or doubt about your investment choices.
4. Help with long-term financial goals: Whether you need help with this year’s tax planning or saving for a down payment on a home, an investment advisor will be able to help you set out goals you want to achieve and give you the strategies you need to reach them.
5. Motivation to keep investing and saving: Saving money is never fun — we’d all rather be spending our hard-earned money on the things we enjoy right now! Yet the reality is that this generation will have less access to federal retirement funds than any before it, and so we all need to be saving as much as we can for a healthy retirement. Finding an investment advisor will help you stay on track and motivated each month to keep investing and growing your savings. More research here.